1) Locate McAfee LiveSafe antivirus software which has a red and white "M" shield logo in the status panel on the computer you wish to monitor. Right click the icon, select Change Settings > Real-time Scanning:
2) On the following window select the "Turn Off" button to disable the Real-Time Scanning protection:
3) In the following prompt, select the option for "When I restart my PC" and click the "Turn Off" button. This will temporarily disable the Real-Time Scanning until your restart your computer:
4) Now launch your web browser and navigate to the web console. Click on Settings > Downloads & Licensing and proceed to download and install the software. When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select "no" so the computer does not reboot.
5) Click on the "Help" tab on the bottom left of the window and then "Anti-virus Exclusions":
6) On the Anti-virus Exclusions page locate the path to exclude for your antivirus software:
7) Locate the folder path for exclusion depending on if this is a 32 or 64 Bit operating system (find this out here).
8) Right click the McAfee LiveSafe icon again from the status panel. Select "Open McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security":
9) Select the "Manage Security" button on this page:
10) Select "Schedule and run scans" option from the Virus and Spyware Protection box:
11) Select "Scheduled Scans":
12) In the Excluded Files and Folders section click the "Add Folder" button. locate the folder path found in step #5 above.
13) Once completed, then reboot the computer.