1) Locate Norton Security icon from the status panel on the desktop. Norton Security icon is a yellow icon with a check mark in the center. Right click the icon and select Disable Auto-Protect:
2) Select to disable Auto-Protect "Until system restart" and click "Ok":
3) Now launch your web browser and navigate to the web console. Click on Settings > Downloads & Licensing and proceed to download and install the software. When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select "no" so the computer does not reboot.
4) Click on the "Help" tab on the bottom left of the window and then "Anti-virus Exclusions":
5) On the Anti-virus Exclusions page locate the path to exclude for your antivirus software:
6) Locate the folder path for exclusion depending on if this is a 32 or 64 Bit operating system (find this out here).
7) Return to Norton Security, select "Settings" on the top right of the following window:
8) In the Settings window select "Antivirus"
9) Select the "Scans and Risks" tab:
10) Scroll down to the Exclusions/Low Risks section, click "Configure" to the right of both "Items to exclude from scans" and "Items to exclude from auto-protect, SONAR and download intelligence protection"
11) Click "Add Folder" and type in the folder path found in step #5 above. Perform this for both sections mentioned in step #10.
12) Once completed, then reboot the computer.