1) Locate the VIPRE icon from the status panel on the desktop. The VIPRE icon is a blue icon with a white v. Right click the icon and select "Shutdown VIPRE":
2) Now launch your web browser and navigate to the web console. Click on Settings > Downloads & Licensing and proceed to download and install the software. When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select "no" so the computer does not reboot.
3) Click on the "Help" tab on the bottom left of the window and then "Anti-virus Exclusions":
4) On the Anti-virus Exclusions page locate the path to exclude for your antivirus software:
5) Locate the folder path for exclusion depending on if this is a 32 or 64 Bit operating system (find this out here).
6) Open the VIPRE interface and select "Manage" from the top right of the window:
7) Scroll to "Exclude From Scans" and click on "Manage Excluded Items":
8) Select the type as "Folder" and enter in the path found in step #4 above:
9) Once completed, then reboot the computer.