1) Locate the Trend Micro icon from the status panel on the desktop. The Trend Micro icon is a red and white sphere icon. Right click the icon and select to un-check "Protection Against Viruses & Spyware":
2) On the Protection Disabled prompt, select "Disable until computer restarts":
3) Now launch your web browser and navigate to the web console. Click on Settings > Downloads & Licensing and proceed to download and install the software. When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select "no" so the computer does not reboot.
4) Click on the "Help" tab on the bottom left of the window and then "Anti-virus Exclusions":
5) On the Anti-virus Exclusions page locate the path to exclude for your antivirus software:
6) Locate the folder path for exclusion depending on if this is a 32 or 64 Bit operating system (find this out here).
7) Right click the Trend Micro icon again from the status panel and select "Open the Main Console":
8) Inside the Trend Micro console, select the gear icon (highlighted in the image below) to the right of the the scan button:
9) In the Protection Settings window, select "Exception Lists" on the left hand pane:
10) Click Programs/folders on the left hand pane under "Exception Lists" and click "Add" at the top of the window:
11) Click on "Browse..." and locate the folder found in step #5 above and click "Ok":
12) Once completed, then reboot the computer.