1) Locate AVG AntiVirus Free icon from the status panel on the desktop. AVG icon is a square made up of blue, green, red and yellow colors. Right click and select "Open AVG":
2) Select the Computer option on the far left of the window:
3) Click on the AntiVirus option slider to temporarily disable the Real-time antivirus protection:
4) Click "Yes" if you receive the below prompt:
5) Hit the back button to return to the main screen in AVG AntiVirus Free.
6) Now launch your web browser and navigate to the web console. Click on Settings > Downloads & Licensing and proceed to download and install the software. When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select "no" so the computer does not reboot.
7) Click on the "Help" tab on the bottom left of the window and then "Anti-virus Exclusions":
8) On the Anti-virus Exclusions page locate the path to exclude for your antivirus software:
9) Locate the folder path for exclusion depending on if this is a 32 or 64 Bit operating system (find this out here).
10) Return to AVG AntiVirus Free, select the Options button in the top right of the window then Advanced Settings:
11) Select Exceptions on the left hand pane and then Add Exception towards the bottom of the window:
12) For Exception Type select "Folder" then enter the path from step #8 make sure that "Use Exception for Resident Shield and Manual and Scheduled Scan" are checked.
13) Once completed, then reboot the computer.