1. Launch iMazing Mini on your computer
Once you have downloaded and installed iMazing, launch it by clicking the iMazing logo in the top right corner. Then, select the device you wish to back up and click the arrow. On the drop down menu, select "Options".
2. Schedule automatic backups
The first time you connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer, you will be prompted to set up your backup options. If you have multiple devices, each device has its own backup options.
Note: Make sure that Backup Encryption is DISABLED. Enabling this feature will cause data to not be uploaded.
Select Automatic Backups to schedule when iMazing Mini backs up your device automatically:
- Choose your backup frequency; it's best to set this to Daily.
- Set a timeframe for your preferred backup time. You might want to choose a time overnight so your Wi-Fi network won't be affected by the backups.
- Prevent backups from running if your battery is running low.
By default, iMazing Mini backs up your devices daily via Wi-Fi, and keeps one month of backups. There are other settings you should look at on the Options screen:
- Backup Location lets you choose an external or network hard drive to store your backups.
- Backup Archiving lets you choose how long iMazing Mini stores backups.
- Additional Options: iMazing Mini can notify you if your device's battery is low, and can launch automatically if you connect your device via USB.
Check all the available options to see how you can customize your own backups.