- Locate the icon for Trend Micro Antivirus+ in the bottom right corner of the screen. Then, right click and uncheck ‘Protection Against Viruses and Spyware’. A small popup will show up; select ‘Disable until resetart’ click ‘OK.
- Go to https://interguardsoftware.com/ and log in to access the installation files. Follow the instructions and complete the installation. DO NOT REBOOT THE COMPUTER UPON FINISHING THE INSTALLATION.
- Right click the Trend Micro Antivirus+ icon again and select ‘Open the Main Console’ to open the main menu. On the right hand side of the scan button should be a tiny gear labeled ‘Settings’, click it.
- On the left hand side of the window should be a list of options; select ‘Exceptions Lists’. Then, click ‘Add’ and locate the installation folder, which can be found on the InterGuard online dashboard in the ‘Account Settings’ pull down menu. For this example, we are going to use the following directory: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dmktc.
5. Reboot the computer to complete the installation.