- First, open the following link and proceed with the instructions to disable all modules. (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13426/)
These modules MUST be disabled for our software to be installed properly. Once the modules are disabled, proceed to Step 2.
- The left-hand side should be a menu with options; click on ‘Settings’. In the ‘Settings’ tab should be a row with options. Click on ‘Profiles’ and under ‘Activate Profiles Manually’, select the ‘Game profile’ option and activate it. This setting is CRUCIAL and needs to remain on for our software to function correctly.
- Log in to the web console to access the installation files. Follow the instructions and complete the installation. DO NOT REBOOT THE COMPUTER UPON FINISHING THE INSTALLATION.
- Open up the main dashboard again and select ‘Protection’ from the menu on the left-hand side. Select ‘Settings’ under the ‘Antivirus’ column. Select ‘Exceptions’ and hit ‘Add’. Find the installation file path where our software is located and add this file path to the exclusions which can be found in the dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file. Important Note: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
- This will allow you to enable the antivirus features without damaging/quarantining the program files.
6. Reboot your system and enable all modules again to reactivate BitDefender.
Note: BitDefender’s ‘Advanced Threat Detection’ may identify ‘svchost.exe’ as malware. This can be bypassed by going to the ‘Settings’ option under ‘Advanced Threat Detection’ and excluding ‘svcboot.exe’ from scanning.