1) Locate the icon for Symantec Endpoint Protection in the bottom right hand of the screen. Right click and select ‘Open Symantec Endpoint Protection’.
2) Click on the ‘Options’ button located next to the ’Virus and Spyware Protection’ row. Select ‘Disable All Virus and Spyware Protection features’.
3) Run the installer, which can be downloaded after logging into your account. At the end of the install, you will be asked if you want to reboot your computer. DO NOT reboot the computer right away.
4) Open up Symantec Endpoint Protection and locate the menu on the left-hand side of the main page. Click on ‘Change Settings’. Locate the row titled ‘Exclusions’ and click on the ‘Configure Settings’ button. A small window will pop up; select ‘Add’ and click on ‘Security Risk Exception>Folder’. You will then need to locate the installation folder path, which can be found in the dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file. Important Note: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account. Follow the same procedure, except this time select ‘SONAR’ instead of ‘Security Risk Exception’. This will protect the folders you just installed from being deleted.
5) Reboot to complete installation.