1) Locate the icon for Symantec Endpoint Protection in the bottom right hand of the screen. Right click and select ‘Open Symantec Endpoint Protection’.
2) Click on the ‘Options’ button located next to the ’Virus and Spyware Protection’ row. Select ‘Disable All Virus and Spyware Protection features’.
3) Run the installer, which can be downloaded after logging into your account at https://interguardsoftware.com/. At the end of the install, you will be asked if you want to reboot your computer. DO NOT reboot the computer right away.
4) Open up Symantec Endpoint Protection and locate the menu on the left-hand side of the main page. Click on ‘Change Settings’. Locate the row titled ‘Exclusions’ and click on the ‘Configure Settings’ button. A small window will pop up; select ‘Add’ and click on ‘Security Risk Exception>Folder’. You will then need to locate the installation folder path, which can be found under 'Account Settings' in the InterGuard web interface. For this example, our installation path will be located in ‘C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dmktc. Follow the same procedure, except this time select ‘SONAR’ instead of ‘Security Risk Exception’. This will protect the folders you just installed from being deleted.
5) Reboot to complete installation.